Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Year In The World

A Year in the World: Journeys of A Passionate Traveller A Year in the World: Journeys of A Passionate Traveller by Frances Mayes


My review


rating: 1 of 5 stars
I made it to page 111. I'm done. This is not a book for a vegetarian or someone interested in an exciting travel review. Every other sentence the author is talking about how she's eating pork at every meal or how fresh the fish eyes look at the market. She assumes the reader knows how to speak fluent Spanish and knows the ins and outs of each country she visits. The traveling in this book is not even done within a year but instead over many years.



I'm bothered that the travels only took place in one portion of the world, yet the book indicates the travels took her all over the world. Did she forget about the other 90% of this planet?



The writing has a tad full-of-oneself feel to it.



I rarely don't finish a book. I'm not finishing this one. There's no point to this book- no story to follow.


View all my reviews.