Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Not Nearly Enough Time

I flew into San Francisco today for a meeting tomorrow morning. This is my second time staying in the city, but I've passed through a total of four on my way to other areas of California. I walked around for a few hours this afternoon, but was leary to walk as far as my heart wanted to for fear of wandering around on streets trying to find my way back to the hotel in the dark. Alone. I'd still be out there now exploring if I had a buddy. I'm sad there is still day light and I'm hanging out in my hotel room.

I love this city. The people are friendly in a way you don't even experience in the mid-west. It's more of a relaxed, genuine non-judgemental friendly. It's February and the weather is beautiful. Warm enough in the sun for shorts, still breezy in the shade for a light jacket. Hotels, stores and restaurants are pet and environementally friendly. I feel like I'm in my own house every where I go! I was hoping to extend this trip a few days and bring Nick along with me to see why I love it here, but the scheduling just wouldn't work out. Hopefully next time.

I'm staying at the Harbor Court Hotel. Love it. I haven't been impressed with any hotels I've stayed in lately, but this little one has been a pleasant surprise. The design is adorable, stylish and comfortable. It's a block down from the Farmers Market and just off the water. You can easily walk to the area around Union Square and beyond.

I'm flying out tomorrow right after I'm finished with a meeting, so unfortuntely it looks like my sight seeing time is over for this trip. I'll be back San Francisco.