Thursday, January 15, 2009

0

It's zero degrees in St. Louis today. I woke up at a reasonable time, but had so much trouble pulling myself out of bed to face the fridged temps that I made myself considerably late for work. As I was throwing stuff in my bag to run out the door, I slipped on my trusty ballet flats. With no socks. And reasoned with myself it wouldn't be too bad since I'm going straight to my car, to the garage at work, and then to my desk. I was horribly mistaken. My car was frozen so much so the steering wheel didn't want to turn. It took my entire drive to work (30 mins) for it to warm up. There were a few water main breaks in the area, so I had to take a nice little scenic detour while helplessly watching my purse tumble over and spill everything between the passenger seat and the door. I made it to the garage at work and spent 5 more minutes fishing under the seat of my car with frozen feet trying to find my cell phone. I make it up to the office. The heat on the side where I sit IS NOT ON.